What materials do you use in your jewelry?
Carolina Cole handcrafts each jewelry piece with artistry and wearability in mind. For your convenience, specific materials are mentioned on each product listing.
Materials may include:
- Sterling Silver (bright or oxidized)
- 14K and 18K gold (white, yellow, rose or green)
- Precious gemstones (ex. pearls, sapphires, aquamarines)
- Semi-precious gemstones (ex. garnet, quartz, tourmaline)
Can you adjust this piece to fit my size?
YES! Carolina Cole has been crafting bespoke jewelry for more than 35 years. She can adjust the size, length, color and materials of the piece you have in mind. Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org for an in depth conversation, or leave a brief note during check out.
What is your stance o ethical and sustainable material sourcing?
Carolina is committed to finding the most ethical raw materials available. Due to the nature of mining practices, an average gemstone can pass through many hands before becoming jewelry, and its' evolution is difficult to document. To find out more, click to this article: http://www.ethicalmaking.org/stone-sourcing/gemstones/
Carolina seeks out documented, sustainable raw materials whenever possible, and she will happily work with stones from your collection.
How do I clean and care for my jewelry?
Carolina Cole believes low-tech maintenance is best for cleaning any fine jewelry. Below are the methods that Carolina Cole uses herself.
- To remove tarnish from silver jewelry, use your favorite liquid style jewelry cleaner. Avoid contact with pearls; the cleaner can affect the luster and polish of the peals if submerged in silver cleaner. A q-tip is useful to get into tiny spaces. Rinse thoroughly and dry with paper toweling.
- If your piece needs a more thorough cleaning, we suggest using a thick paste of powdered baking soda and warm water. Rub the surface vigorously by hand with this paste, rinse and dry with paper toweling.
**Please note** Any sterling silver jewelry will tarnish when exposed to air. This process is unavoidable. Tarnish does not reflect the quality of the metal. To avoid tarnish when not wearing, store your jewelry in white packing tissue and in a sealed plastic bag. This method will prevent air from reacting with the metal and will result in less maintenance overall.
GOLD, DIAMOND, RUBY AND SAPPHIRE:
- Bring a cup of water to a boil and add a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent. Place your jewelry piece in the hot water and then let the water return to room temperature. When cool, use an old toothbrush to brush away any loosened material under running water. Rinse and dry with paper towels.
PEARLS strung on silk:
- Place your jewelry on a soft fabric towel and brush the knots with warm soapy water and an old toothbrush, taking care not to stretch the silk. Gently rinse under warm water, lay flat to dry for at least 24 hours. Silk is most vulnerable when wet and if mishandled, it will stretch or break.
OPALS, EMERALDS & AQUAMARINES:
- Carefully use lukewarm water and mild soap. Dry with paper towels.
What methods of payment so you accept?
Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX, Venmo, JCB, ApplePay and PayPal.
Where does carolinacole.com ship?
- Carolina ships to anywhere in the contiguous United States FREE via USPS, priority mail.
- If you live outside of the US, please contact us at email@example.com for specific costs and timelines.
Is shipping free?
- Yes, shipping in the contiguous US. Alaska and Hawaii, extra fees and timelines.
Is my item insured in the mail?
- Yes, your purchase is insured up to the full purchase price in US Dollars.
How long does it take to ship an item?
Jewelry pieces can take three (3) business days to 2 weeks to ship, depending on available. For example, a ready to ship item will be sent upon receipt of your payment. In contrast, a chainmaille piece will take several days or weeks. Each jewelry listing will detail the timeline in the individual listing.
How can I return something?
We are convinced that you will love what you buy from us, but in the rare case that you aren't, here are the details:
- We do not offer refunds, but we will gladly exchange under the following conditions:
- Exchange criteria require your item must be in an unworn and unused condition, just as you received it. All tags must be attached as originally shipped. No exceptions.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase, such as a copy of your original bill of sale, your confirmation email or packing slip.
- Once your return is received and inspected by us, we will promptly email you to notify you that we received your returned item. If the item is deemed defective by us, we will quickly refund your purchase price by the original method of payment. Your refund is processed within three (3) business days.
Items that cannot be returned or exchanged:
- If five business days have passed since your item was delivered, and you haven't notified us within that time of your intent to return your purchase.
- We cannot accept returns or exchanges on items that are altered just for you, including the sizing of a ring, necklace, or bracelet. Earring alterations requested by you are also not returnable.
- We cannot accept returns or exchanges on any custom work like a commissioned (special order) piece, personalized engraving or the like.
- We cannot accept returns or exchanges on worn merchandise.
How about exchanges?
If you need to exchange your purchase, please email us at carolina@carolinacole..com and explain the nature of your return. We will then advise the best and safest way to return your purchase. We will only replace items if the are deemed defective by us upon receipt. We regret that we cannot refund your return shipping cost.